ICRF Executive Director, Ali Brown,
Dear ICR Members,
We are days away from finishing the first year of the Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation. It has been an exciting year; we launched Build Your Future Indiana, met with students from across the state, had commercials air in all 92 counties, and increased the public’s knowledge of the construction industry and the great opportunities that lie therein.
As we begin out second year we are beginning a capital campaign to help us fund the current program, apply for grants for other programs focusing on construction industry workforce development, and pursue continued funding from the state. We would love to have your support. You can donate online today at our new website www.indianaconstructionfoundation.org. Please invest in the future of our industry!
Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation
The Foundation exists to advance our industry by attracting quality young people to the construction industry, helping us meet our workforce demands. They are a relatively new organization, coming up on our one year anniversary on July 1st. They are currently running a program called Build Your Future Indiana, and have accomplished some amazing things in their first year.
The ICRF is teaming up with Building Excellence to highlight the amazing work the construction industry is doing to address the construction workforce gap. Some of the Foundation’s first year accomplishments include;
- Reaching more than 20,000 people where they are (through in school meetings, tradeshows, job fairs, and education based events).
- Commercials have been viewed 1.1MM times online alone.
- Over 1/3 of our audience has been women.
- Successful launch of a state-wide ambassador program, featuring 76 industry professionals covering a wide range of construction careers, who are actively meeting with students in their classrooms across the state.
- Statewide Television Campaign – 30,000+ commercials aired in first year.
- Have provided materials representing our industry to 1,080 schools across Indiana.
- Indiana.byf.org has had 10,000+ individual website users.
- Social Media Presence that is connecting students to careers and job shadowing experiences.
The ICRF would love to feature programs in our Building Excellence section that are working to build up the future of our industry. If you, your company, or a group you belong to is running a program and you would like it to be featured, please contact ICRF Executive Director, Ali Brown at the email or phone number below.
If you or your company is interested in helping out, please check out their website to volunteer and to donate to the Foundation’s efforts. Go to www.indianaconstructionfoundation.org. Please don’t hesitate in calling or emailing Executive Director, Ali Brown, with questions or comments; firstname.lastname@example.org or (317)805-1037.Read More
As of May 9th, Mike Thibideau is serving as the new Association Coordinator for ICR and the ICR Foundation. Mike will be splitting his time between the two organizations and working on special projects, events and initiatives.
Mike graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in Public Policy and Public Administration, and has worked in Community Engagement and Association Management for the past 5 years. He most recently was serving as Director of Chapter Services for Psi Upsilon Fraternity. He enjoys woodworking, skiing, percussion, and cooking in his free time, and lives in Carmel, IN.
Mike is very excited to join the team and commit his experience to the ICR and ICRF. Mike will be at ICR events, so be sure to stop by and introduce yourself.Read More
The ICR and ICRF offices will be moving north to 8909 Purdue Rd. Suite 130, Indianapolis, IN 46268, as of May 26th! Please direct all new correspondence to the new office address. All staff email and office phone numbers will remain the same. Contact Mike Thibideau with any questions at Mike@indianaconstruction.org.Read More
Don’t miss out on this year’s ICR Sponsorship opportunities! Below is a PDF files with application that your company can fill out. Note: Sponsorship’s come with a one year membership included in the pricing.
- We are currently in the process of rolling out a new standard for quality that closely parallels the process that the Coalition for Construction Safety utilizes for safety. The rollout for this program occurred on December 10th, and will continue throughout the year in 2016.
- In October, the ICR hosted our 5th annual conference. This half day event attracted 250 leaders from our industry, while focusing on workforce development and addressing the needs of our industry. The event featured 24 guest presenters, and provided unmatched education and networking opportunities. We will continue to improve on this event in 2016.
- In November, the ICR hosted 450 high school students, who had an interest in learning about a career in construction. The event drew a records attendance, and offered the most engaging and interactive format in our event history. Moving forward in 2016, we will be applying the model that we utilized at this event, and hosting similar events throughout the state. This year, the ICR formed the ICR Foundation which is entirely committed to the workforce shortages and to promoting our industry to students throughout the state. Beginning in January, you’ll start seeing a mulita-media marketing campaign called Build Your Future Indiana.
- This year, the ICR hosted eight interactive membership meetings which featured our owner members, and focused on facilitating dialogue between owners around the state and the A/E/C industry. The change to event format increased our attendance by 600%, and helped to significantly grow interest and membership for the ICR. Plans are already underway to keep this same type of engagement with our 2016 events, while improving on the format.
- The ICR Mentor Protégé Program has been working hard to partner disadvantaged businesses with mentors to build a stronger and more diverse workforce. This program is invaluable to those who participate. This year, we changed the format for the program’s quarterly meetings, which doubled the participation at our quarterly meetings. In 2016, we will continue to add partnerships and build on our success.
- The ICR has volunteers engaged in ICR’s activities throughout the year with our Education Committee, Membership Development Committee, Mentor Protégé Advisory Board, Workforce Committee, and Industry Outreach Committee.
ICR is proud to announce it’s new Quality Certification Program. The Coalition for Construction Quality will be an owner driven program that will allow the industry to certify that they do quality work in an increasingly competitive bidding environment.Read More
The Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation is working to eliminate the workforce shortage that we are seeing in the construction industry. Please join us for our Golden Spike callout meeting on October 5th from 2:30-4:30 at Walker Career Center, 9651 E 21st St, Indianapolis, IN 46229.
The Golden Spike was driven when the east and west pieces of the Transcontinental Railroad met. This was a great achievement that some believed could not be done. The Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation is taking on the large task of reducing the construction workforce shortage, but we too know we can drive that spike and achieve greatness. Join us on October 5th to find out how you can help.Read More
Today, NPR’s The Diane Rehm Show will be covering the push for apprenticeship at 11am.
From their website:
A new push for apprenticeship programs is being embraced by politicians from all sides, from Republicans Marco Rubio and Scott Walker to Democrat Hillary Clinton, who recently proposed tax credits for companies who hire apprentices. U.S. Labor Sec. Thomas Perez is also pushing the government’s plan to provide $100 million in apprenticeship grants this fall. We look at the renewed call for apprenticeship programs, and how some say they address a shortage of skilled workers and the financial burden on young people today.
Thomas Perez secretary, U.S. Department of Labor
Aparna Mathur resident scholar in economic policy studies, the American Enterprise Institute
Robert Lerman professor of economics, American University; fellow, Urban Institute; founder, American Institute for Innovative Apprenticeship
Brad Neese director, Apprenticeship Carolina
Christopher Stone apprenticeship to be a field engineer for Max Daetwyler Corporation in Huntersville, North Carolina
To listen to the show, click here.Read More
Indianapolis, IN (July 18, 2015) – the etica group, inc, the leading Indianapolis based certified women-business owned (WBE), professional architectural and engineering consulting firm today announced its appointment among the top twenty-five fastest growing companies in Indiana, according to the Indianapolis Business Journal.
Eligibility for the IBJ’s Fastest Growing Companies List included:
Have revenue that increased each fiscal year
Have Revenue that exceeded $1 million in fiscal year 2012
Be a privately held company
Be founded before 2012
Be based in the Indianapolis area
“Being named the 24th fastest growing company is a testament to our employees and their amazing work,” commented Jessica Nickloy chief executive officer. “We are committed to an ethical approach and ensure that our clients receive the best price, highest quality result and a foundational relationship with us. Our company name means ethics and we stand by that day in and day out.”
The recurrent increase in revenue for etica has resulted in geographical and vertical market expansion. Additional service lines include building envelope consulting and construction observation services. In 2009, etica opened a second corporate office in New Haven, expanding its reach within the state of Indiana. Expansion of client services to outside states in 2015 includes Louisiana and Massachusetts. Continued future growth is expected.
Nickloy states, “Our clients will always be our top priority. We remain focused on our core values and mission to deliver quality while meeting the demands of our industry and clients. This honor is proof that what we are doing is right. I’m looking forward to our continued growth and what it will mean for our firm and additional future expansion.”
To learn more about the etica group, inc., visit www.eticagroup.com.
To learn more about the IBJ Fastest Growing Company list visit www.ibj.com/fast25.Read More